I’ve been working on a number of different projects recently that have kept me from writing for the blog. However, that hasn’t stopped the random observations from popping up on Facebook, Twitter, and other places:
Here are a few in case you missed them, along with a couple of blog-only originals:
On the Parenting Front…
• In case you're wondering, the writers of "The Middle" get the majority of their material from secret cameras stashed in our house.
• In terms of the sheer amount of heavy lifting and sweat involved, menial labor has nothing on parenting.
• Question for those with much higher powers than me (no golf experience required): Is it possible to get a mulligan for the past few weeks? I'd appreciate it...
• Some days, being the parent of multiple teenagers feels like you have a constant stream of flu symptoms that originated on a remote "Lost"-like island. This is one of those days...
• "It can wait" — tagline about texting or what you should have said to your child on those rare blissful occasions when you feel a decent night's sleep coming on? Oh well...
• For a photographer, the phrase "Aww, shoot" takes on a whole new meaning...
We Have Pictures, Too!
1. Excuse the language, but anyone who knows me well (or has ridden with me while I'm driving), knows this is the story of my life. Only I would have taken a better picture...
2. For the man who thinks RedRum is a drink, or a hair color treatment. (I borrowed the photo; the caption is mine.)
3. Pear-shaped cat walks three steps from suddenly near empty bowl, takes a siesta in protest.
4. How I’ve felt at times over the past month. Enough said…
And In General…
• Call me a master of the obvious, but this was the best headline I read about the Tom Brady saga: "We've wasted 7 months talking about deflated balls."
• Speaking of the NFL, all of my teams suck again. And that’s reality, not fantasy.
• There’s no question, however, that sports can teach some great things, as evidenced by this video. If it doesn’t make your day and make you tear up just a little, I’ll be shocked.
• Now trending on social media: Abby Lee Miller is the illegitimate daughter of Paula Dean. (Just kidding, but I had you there for a moment, didn't I?)
• Correction of the Month, courtesy of the New York Times: An earlier version of this article misidentified the animal Jacob deGrom broke a finger castrating. It was a calf, not a cow.
• I had a great time shooting the UNITE to Face Addiction rally on the National Mall earlier this month. It was a fantastic, truly meaningful event. Looking at others’ photos from the day, I found myself in the bottom right corner of one. Kinda cool…
• Managing my time as a freelancer is much harder than managing people, but it all works out in the end. (I hope...)
Now I leave you with my favorite political statement from the upcoming elections, courtesy of Mr. Berkeley Breathed, Esq.
- Nov 1, 2019
- Oct 30, 2019
- Oct 28, 2019
- Oct 28, 2019
- Oct 27, 2019
- Oct 26, 2019
- Oct 25, 2019
- Oct 24, 2019
- Oct 24, 2019
- Oct 23, 2019