• This weekend I saw the headline, “Mystery man buys $540 in Girl Scout cookies to get girls out of the cold,” which gives new meaning to the phrase “I want ALL of the Thin Mints.” Of course, given that no story seems to have a happy ending these days, the man was arrested the next by the DEA in a massive drug bust.
• Favorite comment I've seen about the performance by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper at the Oscars: "I watched their performance, and I’m pretty sure I’m now pregnant. With twins. ... And I’m a guy."
• One of the best headlines on the “blackface” scandal currently roiling the state where we live: “State Capitol Janitor Frank Surprised to Find He’s Virginia’s New Governor.” It’s actual “fake news” that’s both funny and sad at the same time.
• Nothing brings out the dumbassery in human kind quite like driving in the snow. Sadly, the intended recipients of this post won't see it unless they're texting while driving in the snow, therefore qualifying them for PhD's in said dumbassery.
• I watch this everytime it pops up.
• This column is a month old now, but it remains relevant. When I start nodding my head and agreeing with George Will, you know one of two things: 1. We are in far worse shape than anyone thinks. 2. Sanity has a remote chance of prevailing.
- 3 days ago
- 2 weeks ago
- Feb 25, 2019
- Feb 14, 2019
- Feb 14, 2019
- Feb 6, 2019
- Feb 4, 2019
- Feb 2, 2019
- Jan 28, 2019
- Jan 23, 2019