Five random thoughts from the past week:
• Reminder of the day: The greatest investment you can make in your children is time.
• I dip my toe back into the increasingly chilly swamp to quote my favorite political line of the last month: “At least the Watergate burglars had the good sense to wear gloves.”
• One advantage to going to so many Nats postseason games is we’ve built a great collection of hand towels.
• Ragweed, how I hate thee...
• And my favorite of the past several days: Well I’ll be damned. We have baseball games to go to next week.