A few real-time lines from the Astros’ win over the Dodgers in Game 7:
• Smoltz: The Dodgers have squandered too many opportunities in the first three innings. Me: I’m good with that.
• Has anyone else noted the Clayton Kershaw-Blake Shelton resemblance?
• You know you’re in trouble when the catcher shouts “Omaha!”
• Three words that fail to inspire confidence: Astros pitching change.
• Another lookalike: Justin Turner and the pirate impersonator from Dodgeball. (Chris Elliot works, too.)
• 6 outs to go. Here’s hoping ghosts of 1980, 1981 and 1986 are left in the darkness of the Astrodome right now.
• Holy shit! Wow. Wow. Wow.
• Is it appropriate to insert the f-word between halla and lejuah? It is tonight.
• It’s not fake news: The Astros have won the World Series!!!